User accounts are used to grant and restrict access to certain features on the website. The site is setup with two user roles (aside from web admins):
- Manager – Can add new employee user accounts, suspend or delete employee accounts, manage the Customers and Jobs lists, receive weekly timecard submissions, manage timecards, and manage the file sharing folders and permissions.
- Employee – Employees only have access to front end features that includes a an Employee Dashboard with access to timecard entry, weekly timecard submission, view pending timecard entries, link to email and file sharing access.
Accessing the Users list
In the admin menu, click the ‘Users‘ link.
How to add a new User
- From the admin menu: Hover over Users and Select Add New or just click Add New if you are already on the user list page. The new user form will load.
- Fill out the required fields
- Select User Role (Employee or Manager)
- You can assign a password or just let the system assign a temporary password and check the notify user checkbox and they will receive an email with a link for them to change it and login.
- Click the ‘Add New User’ button on the bottom of the page.
How to edit an existing User
From the Users list, hover over the User you would like to edit > select Edit > After making your desired changes, click the Update User button on the bottom of the page.
How to delete a User
Hover over the User you would like to delete > select Delete > On the next page, click the Confirm Deletion button.